Common Plant Dyes in China
In China, DIY fans sometimes will use some colored cotton fabric to decorate belt when they are making belt, and parts of them will make these cotton fabric through dying themselves. Today our factory will introduce some usual plant dyes in China.
- Safflower: Natural red dye. You can buy from drugstore, and also from Chinese herbal medicine stalls in market.
- Turmeric: Always is the natural stain, can be dyed bright yellow, and sold in Chinese pharmacy.
- Onion-skin: Can be dyed orange-yellow with light onion flavor. Can be collected in Onions stalls.
- Rhus chinensis Mill: One kind of Chinese herbal medicine that dyed black-gray. Can by bought in Chinese pharmacy.
- Luffa leaves: To dye the natural yellow-green, you can find it in market.
- Chrysanthemum morifolium: Can be dyed powder green and fresh quietly elegant. Store has been sold and also can be used for making tea.
All above are Chinese usual plant dyes, welcome to comment and share the commonly plant dye in your country.