If you are never considered handbag hardware before. The options available might blow your mind. The most common types of handbag hardware are:
- Buckles: These could be used for an adjustable strap or as a closure
- Buttons and snaps: Useful as closures.
- Metal chain: Makes a great strap for a smaller handbag.
- Feet: Tiny metal feet for the bottom of your handbag.
- Rings: Rings come in a few different shapes and have a variety of uses -- they can attach a strap to a bag or make a strap adjustable.|
- Snap hooks: These are a removable connector -- useful if you want your handbag to double as a clutch.
- Spikes and studs: Purely for decoration, spikes and/or studs can give your handbag a tough edge.
- Turn lock: Another sewing closure option. (My personal favorite.
- Zippers: Used as a closure or for decoration.