Eight-string braided method is based on the six-string braided method, which add one leather string on both side on the six string method. Even it is eight strings, it would not in a mess.
Here we use the leather string in the thickness of 1.5mm and width of 5mm. It would be wide when use eight string, but it is very suitable for the leather belts.
- string from A-H. Put the eight string neatly arrange and fix the top.
- Divide the right side and left side 4 strings each.
- Braid the belt from inside. Make the D cross the E above and move to right.
- Make the F cross the D and move to the left.
- Make the C cross the E bottom and F above and then move to the right. The up and down leather string is crossed.
- Make G cross D bottom and C above and move to the left side.
- Make B cross E above, F bottom and G above and move to the right.
- Make H cross D above, C bottom and B above, and then move to the left side.
- Make A cross the E bottom, F above, G bottom and H above and move to the right side. And then we see the basic style of the eight string braiding.
- Make the outer D cross C above, B bottom and A above, and then move to the left side.
- Make the outer E cross the F bottom, G above, H bottom and D above and move to the right side.
- Make the outer C cross the B above, A bottom and E above, and then move to the left side. Then we continue with the F leather string.
- Then we repeat the step from No 11 to No 13. From the outer side to inner side, cross the leather string up and down to braid the belt.
Tips: We can use the tool to adjust the mesh.
Summary: Braided Leather Technique Tutorial.