Five-String Flat Braided Leather Tutorial - Braided Leather Tutorial #2
Five-string flat braided leather is actually a higher technology based on three flat weaving, just add two pieces string at each sides of three-string flat braided leather strap, it’s easy to learn. (More about three-string flat braided leather, please visit “Three-string Flat Braided Leather Tutorial”.)
The leather string for five-string braided leather is more than three-string flat braided leather, and it looks heavier.
- Separate the leather string into three pieces (C, D & E) and two pieces (A & B), and fix the head of them.
- Put B cross C and move it right, and move C left.
- Put D cross B and move it left.
- Put the leftmost string, A, cross C and D, and move it right.
- Put the rightmost string, E, cross A and B, and move it left. Then it is the basic shape of five-string flat braided leather.
- Put C cross D and E, and move it right.
- Put B cross A and C, and move it left.
- Put D cross E and B, and move it right, and move the leftmost string, A.
- Put the outermost three straps cross the inside two straps, and move them inside.
- Keep the same density, and braid left and right repeatedly, until the length is enough.
Summary: Braided Leather Technique Tutorial.