Use Leather Strander - Braided Leather Tutorial #14
Leather Strander is another tool to make straps, the machine should be controlled by thumbs, and we should pay attention to the cutting edge.
Hold the machine with thumbs, and use the bolt driver to adjust the position of the blade according to size of leather.
- The thickness of leather is decided by the thickness adjustment roller, we can use the bolt driver turn the roller to adjust.
- The width is decided by the knobs at both side.
- Cut the round shape leather with 200mm diameter, make it round as possible.
- Drill a hole at center, then fix it and make trimming.
- Put the edge into the leather strander, and then drag the leather and let the blade to cut.
- Don’t move the left thumb, and pull out the leather strap from backside left. Which can make the width of the leather straps is the same. The whirlpool shaped leather straps are cutted with the rotation of knobs.
- The round shape leather with 200mm Diameter can cut 5.0mm wide leather straps in 5 meters.
Summary: Braided Leather Technique Tutorial.