Seven-String Flat Braided Leather - Braided Leather Tutorial #3
Seven-string flat braided leather is actually based on five-string flat braided leather, just add two pieces strap at the sides of five flat weaving strap. (Checkout the “Five-string flat braided leather tutorial” for more about five-string flat braided leather technique).
The leather string are more than five-string flat braided leather, so it looks heavier, and suitable for belt and the handles of handbags.
- Separate the leather string into three pieces (A, B & C) and four pieces (D, E, F & G), and fix the head of it.
- Put C cross D and move it right, and move D left.
- Put E cross C and move it left.
- Put B cross D and E and move it right.
- Put F cross B and C and move it left.
- Put A cross D, E and F and move it right.
- Put G cross A, B and C and move it left, and now it is the basic shape of seven-string flat braided leather.
- Put D cross E, F and G, and move it right, and we move the rightmost string, C.
- Put the outer four pieces string cross inside three pieces and move them inside.
- Keep the same density at both sides and braid it left and right repeatedly.
Summary: Braided Leather Technique Tutorial.